The Personal Information We Collect And Use
Relating To Our Leaseholders And Other Occupiers On The Sites We Manage
To enable us to do our job as a managing agent, we need to collect personal information on people who occupy flats, apartments and other dwellings on the estates were are instructed to manage. This includes leaseholders and other occupiers, for example sub-tenants.
The information we collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Name, address, email address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details
- Details regarding your property including full address, details of any lease and details of your lender (if applicable)
- Details of any enquiry you have made, or any report you have submitted to us
Why we collect it
The collection of this information is required to enable us to perform our role as managing agent for the block you live in. It helps us to:
- Provide our leaseholders and other occupiers of the blocks we manage with services they expect to receive from us, as the appointed managing agent
- Improve and develop our services and performance as a managing agent
- Develop and provide products and services in line with our role as managing agent.
Who we share it with
From time to time, we may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients for a specific purpose:
- Solicitors, Barristers and Debt Collection Companies
- Insurers, Insurance Brokers and Loss Adjusters
- Contractors, including maintenance contractors
- Regulatory authorities, including the Fire Authority and Local Authority
- Energy Brokers
- Parking enforcement
- IT and software support
- Financial services, including Accountants
- Tenants Associations (providing consent is obtained)
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Where your personal information may be held
Information may be held at our offices, and third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will retain your personal information whilst ever we are instructed to manage the development where you are a leaseholder and/or occupier. Following cessation of our management of your particular development, we will retain your personal information for twelve (plus one) years.
Our lawful basis
If you are a leaseholder (or own a dwelling on an estate we manage), our basis for processing your data is a contractual one.
If you are an occupier or other third party, then our lawful basis for processing your data is as a legitimate interest.
It is necessary for us to process the personal information we have described so that we can perform our role as managing agent for your block, and also to protect the legitimate interests of our client. Our processing activities are a targeted and proportionate way of achieving this. Occupiers, including sub-tenants etc reasonably expect that we will process their personal information.